Chapter 24 : Sad Perfect

 


This book is written by Stephanie Elliot, it covers a story of a girl who suffers from ARFID, Avoidant/Restrictive Food Intake Disorder. It is like having a monster inside of her, one that not only dictates what she can eat, but also causes anxiety, depression, and thoughts that she doesn’t want to have. Then one day she falls crazy-mad in love with Ben, she hides her disorder from him, pretending that she’s fine.

At first, everything really does feel like it’s getting better with him around, so she stops taking her anxiety and depression medication. And that's when the monster really takes over her life. Just as everything seems lost and hopeless, she finds in her family, and in Ben, the support and strength she needs to learn that her eating disorder doesn’t have to control her.

This is an interesting novel because it is written in second person. Yup, that means, the main character here a.k.a her is you. In this novel, her nickname is Pea, but most scenes are written with 'You'.

In my opinion, this book is really enjoyable and made me understand about ARFID which I did not even ever hear about that before getting this book. I love the plot and the characters. Overall I am really satisfied with this story. Plus, I really love Ben character, I knew how it feels to have eating disorder and I fell in love with Ben and how he treats the main character. People who suffers from eating disorder/mental disorder should have someone like Ben. Periodt.

I enjoyed this book and some scenes do make me sad but I didn't cry but overall it's a good book and yes, I recommend it. I rated this book for 4/5 ✩.

[TW] Self-harm, eating disorder, depression, anxiety

Additional details of this book :

  • Comes with hardcover, paperback, ebook and kindle edition.
  • Genre : Young Adult, Contemporary, Fiction, Mental Health
  • Author : Stephanie Elliot
  • Pages : 320 pages
  • Goodreads rating : 3.76/5.00 ✩ 
  • Published in February 28th, 2017

 

Comments

Popular Posts