Chapter 4 : The Travelling Cat Chronicles

 


The Travelling Cat Chronicles is a best-seller book in Japan and hit another country as well. Personally, I love animals. So I tried to give this book a try and it was recommended by many people too.

It tells about a stray cat called Nana, who get injured and taken by a young man. One day, this young man feels like could not take Nana anymore so he decided to find new owner for her. As a journey to find new home starts, it finds its own heartwarming friendship.

Another unique thing from this book is told by using the cat's perspective which rarely being used in common books.

There's a quote from this book that caught my attention :

"There's no use thinking about something that can't be undone. It'll just let this lump grow bigger."

(page 88)

I'm sorry to say, but this book is not for me. Personally, I don't really like this book, maybe because it has slow-paced so in some occasion it makes me feel bored while reading this. But I do admit that it has heartwarming feel after I finished reading it.

Rating from me is 3/5 ✩

 

 

Additional details of this book :

  • Comes with paperback, hardback and kindle edition
  • Genre : Contemporary, Fiction, Cultural, Animals
  • Author : Hiro Arikawa
  • Pages : 288 pages
  • Goodreads rating : 4.30/5.00 ✩ 
  • Published in October 23rd, 2018

 

Comments

Popular Posts