Chapter 22 : We Can't Be Friends: A True Story

This time, I will review a book that based on true story by Cyndy Etler. It is called We Can't Be Friends.


To be honest, this is my first time to read autobiography novel. I don't want to judge someone's personal life and this review has the same purpose.

This book covers a story of Cyndy Etler, where she was placed in a place called Straight, Inc, a rehabilition program for troubled teens, in reality, Straight subjected her and her fellow Straightlings to cultlike brainwashing and bizarre “treatment” methods. There was no privacy, no freedom, and no room for error. But when Cyndy is finally released, she discovers she’s living by an entirely different set of rules than her peers.  

I did not enjoy this book. I do find this book is kind of confusing and hard to read because the writing style. In some scenes, I can't distinguish which one is the feeling of the main character and which one is the reality.

Maybe this book is just not for me. It's sad but I only rated this book for 2/5 ✩.  It is hard for me to enjoy reading this book and maybe I should read the first book by Cyndy Etler for better understanding of her story.

Additional details of this book :

  • Comes with paperback, hardcover, ebook and kindle edition.
  • Genre : Non-fiction, Mental Health, Autobiography
  • Author : Cyndy Etler
  • Pages : 304 pages
  • Goodreads rating : 3.64/5.00 ✩ 
  • Published in October 1st, 2017

Comments

Popular Posts