Chapter 8 : Girl in Pieces

 

Girl in Pieces by Kathleen Glasgow, it tells a story about a girl that harming herself due to personal reason or what usually people called 'self-harm'. 

For a honest opinion, the reason why I want to read this book is the cover. The cover itself is so captivating. This book covers a mental health issue such as suicide, self-harm, rape, drugs. Beware of this book because it made your emotions in roller coaster.

Charlie Davis, the girl who struggle so much and hurt herself. While i was reading this book, i could really feel the pain. You should read this book and help more people like Charlie. I wish I could tell people like Charlie that they're not alone. 

A quote that I really love from this book :

"That's how hearts get broken, you know. When you believe in promises." 

 

(page 123)


For me this book's rating is 4/5 ✩ , I do love the idea and characters from it, but sometimes I don't really like the writing's style.

Additional details of this book :

  • Comes with paperback, hardcover, kindle edition and library binding
  • Genre : Fiction, Romance, Contemporary, Young Adult, Mental Health
  • Author : Kathleen Glasgow
  • Pages : 416 pages
  • Goodreads rating : 4.14/5.00 ✩ 
  • Published in August 30th, 2016

 

 

Comments

Popular Posts