Chapter 5 : Why Won't You Apologize?

 


Why Won’t You Apologize?: Healing Big Betrayals and Everyday Hurts is written by Harriet Lerner. 

From the title itself, it is really catchy book. The reason why I choose to read this book is because sometimes I wonder why some people won't apologize after what they did. It's also frustating when we feel someone's apology is not sincere enough.

The author of this book, Dr. Harriet Lerner has been studying apologies for more than two decades. It also addresses the compelling needs of the injured party—the one who has been hurt by someone who won’t apologize, tell the truth, or feel remorse. Lerner explains what drives both the non-apologizer and the over-apologizer, as well as why the people who do the worst things are the least able to own up.

Overall, I really love this book since this book helps me to improve myself. I was a person that will apologize so many times because I feel guilty, but after reading this book, I realize that to make an apology became more sincere and not pointless, you should not apologize too many times.

I was also type of person that demand an apology, but nope, it is not right.

For furthermore, you should read this book for your self-development. I really recommend this especially if you are looking for self-help book.

One line that I really love from this book :

"We can apologize for what we do. We cannot apologize for who we are."

(Page 85)

From my opinion who can relates this book into my life so much, I definitely rate this book as 5/5 ✩

 

 

Additional details of this book :

  • Comes with paperback, hardback, kindle edition and audiobook
  • Genre : Non-fiction, Psychology, Self-help, Relationships
  • Author : Harriet Lerner
  • Pages : 208 pages
  • Goodreads rating : 4.33/5.00 ✩ 
  • Published in January 10th, 2017

 


Comments

Popular Posts