Chapter 2 : The Disappearances


 

This book is written by Emily Bain Murphy. Have you ever wonder what happen if some of ordinary things in life suddenly disappears? Things such as the smell of flowers, or even your own reflection on the mirror? If you're curious about it, this book is perfect for you.

Aila Quinn and his brother were sent to a city called Sterling after Juliet, their mother died. Sterling is a rural town far from home and a place where Juliet grew up. The first time when Aila Quinn arrives in that town, it feels so strange. She could not find any mirrors, she also could not smell the flower's scent and even food's scent. What's wrong with this town?

No one knows what caused these "Disappearances", or what will vanish next. People in town always suspected that Juliet was somehow responsible for it. 

The idea itself already made me so curious to finish this book, I really recommend this because it is pretty underhyped book. If I was a teenager when I read this, I will definitely fall in love and obsessed with this book. 

I also love the way Emily wrote this book and I am interested to get another book by her, Splinters of Scarlet. I will do another review if I am be able to get that book later. (Currently I could not find it at my local bookstore.)

Overall, even though I am not really into the Shakespare but I love this book! This deserve more loves and hype tbh. 

A quote that I cite because I love it from this book :

"What does the truth even matter. People are just going to believe whatever they want to believe. Or what is most convenient for them." 

(Page 231)

Lastly, I rate this book 4.5/5 ✩ 

Additional details of this book :

  • Comes with paperback, hardback, kindle edition and Audio CD
  • Genre : Fantasy, Fiction, Mystery, Young Adult, Magical Realism
  • Author : Emily Bain Murphy
  • Pages : 388 pages
  • Goodreads rating : 4.08/5.00 ✩ 
  • Published in July 4th, 2017


Comments

Popular Posts