Chapter 1 : The Hate U Give

For the opening of this blog, the first book that I will review is The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas.


 

This book tells a story of Starr Carter, a girl that witness her friend got killed by police officer. It covers her personal life and issues that she face as a black girl in America. It addresses racism issues that we can really relate to society.

Overall, I really like this book and it is one of my favorite books. This book has 444 pages and helped me to get away from reading slump. I fell in love with this book and I am looking forward for another Angie Thomas book! Hopefully I could get another Angie Thomas book soon.

For anyone that looking for black girl novel that fights racism issues, this book is for you. I recommend this especially to teenagers/young adult because the story tells about high school life too. 

Another thing that I love is how the author named this book "The Hate U Give", it comes from Tupac tattoo, THUG LIFE, an acronym for The Hate U Give Little Infant Fucks Everyone. Read this and you will understand and relate to it!

A quote that I love from this book: 

"Brave doesn't mean you're not scared. It means you go on even though you're scared." 

(page 331)

 

Lastly, I rate this book 5/5 ✩. And YES I RECOMMEND IT.

 

Additional details of this book : 

  • Comes with paperback, hardcover and kindle edition
  • Genre : Young adult, Fiction, Contemporary, Realistic Fiction, Race
  • Author : Angie Thomas
  • Goodreads rating : 4.51 / 5.00 ✩ 
  • Published : February 28th, 2017


Comments

Popular Posts