Bonus Chapter : My Experience on Book Depository

 

 
For this post, instead of book reviewing, I will tell you my experience for ordering book from Book Depository! I am currently staying in Malaysia and as you know Book Depository is from UK.

First, I ordered book on March 24, 2021. I ordered two books, which is one is The Inheritance Games and the second one is The Hawthorn Legacy where it will be published on September 2021. Yup, it means I ordered for pre-order book.

Book Depository is great. You can get various book with cheaper price than your local bookstore. I chose to order from Book Depository because I couldn’t find the hardcover book with this cover in my local bookstore. Kinokuniya has it but it is RM180+ ! While I purchased the same book for RM75 in Book Depository!

But the cons from ordering in Book Depository is there is no tracking number for your order. In the first, I really doubt whether to order or not because I’m afraid my order will not arrived to my hands. In the end, I ordered it anyway after reading many reviews from blog, twitter and tiktok.

My book was dispatched on March 29, 2021 which is 5 days after I placed my order. Take a note that they will take few days to pack your order and it does not include public holiday and weekend.

I realize that there will be no tracking number when they do not have phone number to fill when I placed my order which I found strange. So I googled and found out.

I lived in my apartment so take a note that you HAVE TO fill in your unit number to ease the delivery. The book mail will be delivered to your mail box. For others that stay in bungalow or regular houses, the delivery will just place your mail on your porch, terrace or sometimes on column of your fence.

My order arrived on April 16, 2021 so it means it took 18 days from dispatch time to arrive onto my hand. 



My book was packed on cardboard without any bubble wrap, in the first I’m afraid there will be damage on my book but turned out, it is perfectly fine and gorgeous!



Book Depository also give you bookmark for ordering from them. The bookmark is so cute!



Overall, I’m satisfied with Book Depository and gonna repurchase from them in the future. Can’t wait for my second book to arrive and I will write another post for that one to let you know my experience pre-ordering from Book Depository.

That’s all and I hope this helps you and answer your questions for BookDepository. Have a nice day everyone! :)




Comments

Popular Posts